Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

2014 Christmas ornament swap

(I meant to post this much earlier but life etc... so here it is now! ;)

Each year my sewing group has a ornament swap as part of it's December meet up. This is what I made to go into the lucky dip draw :
No proper pattern as such, just a mash of Pinterest ideas (hello cinnamon stick trunk!) and a chance to try out the stitches on my "new" Bernina Record 830.


A bit of felt and some ribbon scraps  came in handy (great for those bits of ribbon I cant bear to throw out but aren't really big enough for most sewing projects).
This is what I made for the last ornament swap  I took part in, back then (like this time) I really enjoyed the process of picking out materials and creating as much as the actual swap itself :)

Hopefully the recipients of my handmade ornaments were happy enough with my efforts!


Til next time...

Happy [ornament] Sewing!

Kate x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kate for your kind comment. Life surely gets in the way. Better late than never is the favorite phrase that runs through my mind! LOL. Thanks again for dropping by. :-)